Thursday, June 28, 2012

Baseline 1 - First Attempt

Today, we did a two mile baseline run (what I like to call baseline 1....yes there will be others) with a time of 24:38:45. The idea being that we'll run it again periodically to measure our progress.Our time was def. not bad for less than a week of training (in my opinion). The course is a 2 mile loop which includes a decent downhill at the beginning and a wicked hill at the end (the last .8 miles)! We def. need to do some hill training at this point and maybe some upper body as well. Perhaps over the next few days. I expect that we can shave a few minutes off that time pretty easily, but we'll see. It's a difficult baseline, so progress might be a little slower than it would be on a flat course.

I'm looking forward to the firecracker 4k next week. I also just remembered there is a triathlon in Hollidaysburg on August 4th. It would be my first tri. I think I'm gonna do it!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment