Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day

Today's workout punched me in the face. It's a new crossfit.com workout called "Wood." Let me stop you before the bad jokes start flowing because it was named after a member of the Australian special forces, Brett Wood, who was killed by an IED in Afghanistan. The workout was the the following:

5 RFT (rounds for time)

400m run
10 burpee box jumps
10 SDHP (50 lbs.)
10 Thrusters (50 lbs.)
1 minute rest

Time to complete: 36:33

Apart from the recent triathlon, this was the most grueling thing I've done in recent memory. I've been done for the better part of an hour and I still feel like I just finished. I wish I could put a timer on how long it has taken me to write this post as I have to keep stopping because my arms are shaking so much. I'm supposed to go on a bike ride with my fella in a few hours, we'll see if that happens!

EDIT: I made it through a 9.5 mile bike ride. It was mostly trail and  there were a few hills. I kinda wish we had kept going. :)

Tomorrow: AM run, PM crossfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment